Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Early Learning - Flash Cards

My little princess is now 22 months old. I work full time and my little princess is being taken care by my mother. So I've very little time to understand her and her emotions and all. I must say, flash cards are a good way to gauge her. I started as early as 8 months, bought some abcd books -just letters with one picture, it should not be too messy, otherwise they may get distracted.

And after seeing her interest, I bought more and now she has a good collection of her own books. I taught her both abcs, numbers,tamil letters, rhymes, countries, flags, animals, flowers etc. And have also read about Glenn Doman method, it's such a good use.

Now I can see a very good progress, she can recite almost 10 to 15 rhymes, can tell alphabets, do some basic addition, counting upto 30, 30 to 40 countries, flags, flowers etc.

So the point I'm emphasizing here is, use the time she has with you, since once she grows up, she'll be lot influenced by many other factors and trying to make her listen to you may be a tough job.
Besides, early years are very important for learning.

0 comments:

 

My Baby, My Life © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner