Monday, August 30, 2010

My daughter - 22 months old

Now, my little one is already 22 months old. I can't imagine how fast she has grown up - from the first day I'd seen her as a few millimeters in my stomach to about 90 cms tall little beauty. It's really marvellous to look at her. She's pure joy.

Well, what I wanted to write about her is- her talks. Yes, she's calling me by my name and treats me as her friend, something like, "oh! my sweety, come here, let's play" etc. It's really makes me so emotional to see someone getting too touched to me (next to my husband).

In our mother tongure, "Tamil", we've about 1330 thirukurals, i.e. two lines or about 7 words proses. She has learnt one, althoug now she can recite a lot, but it's wonderful to hear her telling me the thirukural.

My mother-in-law, who's away in chennai used to tell me that one of her friend's grand daughter used to tell lot of thirukurals whenever she comes to her grandma's place. My mother in law was so proud of her and also wants her grand daughter to recite a few thirukurals. She might be very happy when we take our little one back to my mother-in-law's place sometime next month.
OK, what's her first thirukural:



For someone to know what's thirukural is all about:
Thirukkural (Tamil: திருக்குறள் also known as the Kural) is a classic of couplets or Kurals (1330 rhyming Tamil couplets) or aphorisms [1] celebrated by Tamils.[2] It was authored by Thiruvalluvar, and is considered to be the first work to focus on ethics, in Dravidian Literature.
The work begins with a salutation to the Almighty. The author was hence certainly a believer in God . His work is however, completely universal in approach. It is hence called ulga podhu marai (the world's common scripture). It does not advocate any specific religion then prevalent in India, namely Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism Thirukkural expounds various aspects of life and is one of the most important works in Tamil.

Source: Wikipedia

0 comments:

 

My Baby, My Life © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner