Friday, April 18, 2008

Guruji - Art of Living


Last week, I've attended a public talk session by His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar at the Suntec Convention Centre. My
friend happened to be a member of the art of living foundation and she has been insisting me for quite some time to attend
the courses. Either lethargy or not in the mood attitude had been stopping me these days. But this time as I'm pregnant and
my little one is already listening to the outside world, i want him/her to hear Guruji speak.
The talk is supposed to start around 7.30 pm, so I left the office around 6.30 pm since it's just 1 stop from Raffles palce
to City Hall. But the challenge is I couldn't locate the convention centre though I've been there a few times and everytime I
ended up searching the maps and directions. This time is no different, but to add, my legs are giving out and I couldn't walk
anymore. I decided to return home and was coming back to the mrt, and there you go, I was standing right infront of the
convention centre. And recently I was getting scared of the height and escalators and as the talk was at level 6, I've to
take 2 to 3 escalators to reach the hall and it was quite steep, and I felt like am about to collapse.
So after conquering my lethargy, I was seated in the hall. There were a few hundred people and luckily I got a seat from
where I can get a full view of the stage. Lately, I've developed an ear for the carnatic music, devotional songs esp. those on Lord Krishna.
And in the stage, there were a group of people singing and chanting on Lord Krishna. I was quite caught up in those songs and
was having hand on my belly so he could hear or feel it.(I've read that vibrations or the stimulations are the ways to help
the child's brain develop in the early stages - Learning in the womb). After a few minutes Guruji appeared on the stage and
you've to agree that the power or the vibrations from those great people are really strong and you unconsciously are on your
feet and i was trying to take in everything at one breath.
There are a lot more to tell abt the talk by Guruji,but I'm just mentioning a few answers given by Guruji for the questions
asked.
1. Is life a struggle or struggle, a part of life? And Guruji answered for one, who knows how to swim and is trying to reach
the shore, struggle is part of life and for those who is already nose down in the ocean, life is struggle.
2. I don't remember the question being asked, but Guruji's explanation is great.one should treat Past as destiny , live in the present and the future is free will.
At the end of the question and answer session, we did meditate and all the while, I've thought meditation is concentration
and whenever i try to medidate, I'm usually flooded with thoughts and I ended up not trying it anymore. But Guruji said,
meditation is the reverse of concentration and if you are flooded with thoughts, it's natural. Oh wow, now I should try to
medidate.And i really thank my friend for insisting me to attend this talk. It was quite a good experience.

0 comments:

 

My Baby, My Life © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner